Friday, May 29, 2009

Do Singaporeans Dress Badly?

What a special Blogging contest by Nuffnang huh...
After I got the mail from Nuffnang, I went to take some photos of myself in my PJ, Since I just woke up.

Okay! So, Do Singaporean Dress up Badly?
From my point of view... Some are, and some are not.

Let's get back to the time when I just came to Singapore.

After I reached Singapore, I was introduced into a company to work there. After several months of working at the company, 3 students were attached to our company. I am not really sure whether are all of them Singaporean or not.. But I am sure about the one that is attached to our department... He is a "TYPICAL" Singaporean.

And Hell no man.. the way he dressed up is not even close to BAD! NOT EVEN CLOSE! I liked the way he dressed up, and the way he styled his hair up.

And he does have the "Star" looks by the way he dress and the way he styled his hair up.
The first day he came to our company was with his hair styled up, a T-shirt, a jeans, and a pair of red shoe with a polka dots beg.
It doesn't looks weird though.. I love the look pretty much. It looks fashionable~
Okay and that's how he looks like at the first day!

The second day, he was late. Cause I heard that he stay quite far from our company.
When I saw him, he was with a pair of glasses. A huge and cute glasses, if you all know which kind of glasses I am talking about. No, he doesn't have any problems with his eyes, he was just wearing it for fun.
And honestly, I got to admit, it does looks good.
He was in a dark Tshirt, a grey jeans, the polka dots beg and the same old pair of red shoes. But this time, he put on a cap and the cute glasses. Which makes him looks perfectly like a "star".

And? I started to learn how to dress myself well from him, and how to style my hair from him. And started to buy accessories.
( P/S: The Human Resource department even warn him that not to wear "TOO OVER" to work )
Wanna know more information of him? He is too a blogger. =) And quite a BIG one.

Okay. And that was the first close encounter of me with a Singaporean. And that gave me a feeling of... "Oh! So Singaporean do dress up in a cool and nice way too huh..."

Why do I have this kind of feeling? Because~~~ whenever I was hanging around in a mall or wherever.. I saw mostly Singaporean are wearing slippers with short pants. Which is totally unacceptable for me.
-- For me, slippers are acceptable for beach, pool. Or wear them out to somewhere near your house for food. But it is just SOOO not for a mall. --

And just before I know the Singaporean I mentioned, I thought that whoever that dressed up so IN on the street were all from Korea? Japan? or some other countries but just not Singapore.

Alright now... Here come something to talk abuot the PJs.
Well I think nowadays, most of the people don't really get themselves a PJs? They just wear something which is simple like a plain t-shirt and short pant to sleep. Or maybe a singlet.. Or even being fully naked when sleeping. This is 20th century! Not much of the people nowadays will purposely go and buy a pooh bear PJs for sleep. New generation Live on! DUDES!
No one will ever care how you dress up when you are sleeping.

So, I had never saw someone who wore PJs out on the street. But singlet and short pants or whatever.
Which I think that those are their PJs.
If! and ever! There is someone who actually wearing Pooh Bear or My Melody PJs on the street. I wouldn't really give a damn about it. They might think that it is a new Trend =/
We just have to accept it.

Let's put it this way... Do you all ever saw those people with piercing all over their face? And their ears are seriously "FULL HOUSE"
When these peoples were just "BORNED"... We see them as freak. But now? As times passed, we get used to it... and they are just someone normal like us? Just that they see those piercing thingy as a new trend.
Yea man.. same thing to those who are wearing PJs out. We just got to get used to it.


Wanna know hows my PJs looks like? Sorry to disappoint you Pooh bear's fan =) Cause I don't wear those thing. LOL! Peace!



















Those are really my pJs! I just woke up man! I haven't even brush my teeth yet! And took those photos! Can still actually see the "sleepy" on my face =/


Well, you got it now... Peace out BROTHERS/SISTERS!

No comments: