Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A day to Kuching for Peugeot!

When was the last time I visited Kuching..? Hmm? 3years ago? Long enough for me to have another trip to Kuching ya? Teehee! Luckily my friends were planning to go Kuching for a day trip on Monday 22/03/10. And they invited me to join them for the trip. And of course! I AM JOINING LA!

You may ask how long have we stayed there. Well, if you are counting from the very first second that our car wheels reached Kuching's road to the last second our car wheels roll out of Kuching. Then it will be around... Hmm.. 23hours?

Yea! We stayed there for less than 24hours! From the HOURS of us staying in Kuching, you may wanted to and started to ask why were we there for such a short period of times eh? The main purpose for us to go over to Kuching was to have a look at Peugeot 207. And also to have a test drive, possibly. Other than peeping at Peugeot, shopping and eating were never forgotten to be on our list. Hah!

Alright! Here goes my Kuching trip!


Day 1.
Received a message from my friend telling me that we are leaving on 6.30am on Monday morning! Early RIGHT!? No choice, cause we don't want to reach Kuching in the evening, we might miss the working hours of Peugeot's car's showroom.

So yea, my friends picked my up on 6.30AM sharp at my place. Oh yea, my friend is driving us to Kuching. So we went to have our breakfast before we left Sibu.

Honestly, the condition of the road to Kuching is still pretty bad. Although many said that it is much better than before.. But it stil suck.

And we got lucky. It wasn't raining when were were halfway on the road. But it started to rain when we were halfway on the road. Don't laugh at the sentence please, cause I have no idea where on earth were we when it is raining! All I know is that, we were in the middle of the road! In the middle of NO WHERE!

Okay now, photos time!


Sunny!




And this is US in the car. Brandon and I at the back seat. AhTung at the passenger seat, and Peter, at the driver's seat.




And this is how a Honda Accord's console board looks like. Mad cool right? Madly loving how it looks like!



I am not really a car person. But Honda Accord is just comfortable. And classy!

"OF COURSE LA, IT COST OVER 100K in RM LA YOU IDIOT!"
You may say.

"FUCK YOU LA, MINI COOPER ALSO COST MORE THAN 100K in RM LA YOU DUMBSHIT, AND IT DOESN'T SEEMS TO BE THAT COMFORTABLE LEH? SO SMALL. MANY SAYS IT'S CUTE SOMEMORE LOR? WHICH PART CUTE AH? IT LOOKS LIKE KELISA LA PLEASE!"
I might answer. (No offends, just the view of mine. Well and if you happened to be one who own a Kelisa ops, I meant Mini, I mean no harm :) Different people differet view)

Alright back on topic! And here is a cam whore of me with Brandon!





Whoa! It's been so long I didn't show my face on my own blog!


And I dozed off after that. The ride is long, and I can't stand it. So I slept. After hours and hours of being thrown into the air, and being pulled back down to my seat by gravity, AND FINALLY! We are in KUCHING! Thank god no more bumpy road!

The first thing we do when we reached Kuching, was to look for another of our friend. Edmund. He was having his medical checkup when we called him, so we went to have our lunch and took Peter's car to the Original Carwash, before we meet him up. Brandon is meeting his friend as well, so he left us.

And what a WOW, when I saw the building that is built for car washing. You guys have any idea how a car washing centre in Sibu's looks like? It's mostly at the roadside with a tiny metal rooftop covering to shade their workers, and that's it. And all the soapy water, and dirtied water would just flow all over on the road.

Take a look at this. It WOW-ed me.





There is an indoor and outdoor of this CarWash centre/Cafe. You can choose to have your meals or your drinks indoor with Air-Cond, or at the outdoor section with a windy environment.

By walking into the main entrance(which I forgot where it is) it'll be the indoor section. And by walking to the left side, it'll lead you to the outdoor section. And Tung, Peter and I were waiting at the outdoor section for Peter's car.

And this is how the open-air looks like. And yes, you can smoke at the open-air area. Ashtrays were placed readily on the tables.



Spectacular!



And this is where the cars are being washed. This is just right beside the open air section.




The Menu.





Peter ordered The Original Car Wash Juice while we were waiting for his car. And guess what? The juice was AMAZINGLY, AWESOMELY SOUR! Sorry to tell, but none of us liked it.

And Pete's car is done within 15minutes. And~ It's time for Peugeot!

We need Edmund to lead us to the showroom, cause Peter is not familiar with Kuching. So we pick Ed up after he is donne with his medical checkup. And Boom! We're on our way to Peugeot's showroom!


Let's have some fun~ This beat is sick! I wanna take a ride on your disco stick! Let's have some fun this beat is sick! I wanna take a ride on your disco stick! HUR!






Ladies and Gentlemen! Here is the mighty(not really) Peugeot 207!




TAADAAH!!







It's a convertible car! This is when the top is being closed!
The good thing about the top cover is that, it is hard top. It's not soft top! I never like soft top. It just looks so damn easy to pierce through.








Another head shot of it! :)



And this is how the interior looks like!





Hmm.. The console board was pretty much...... Disappointing! We just didn't expected that the console board looks so common. Can't really blame the design though, this was the design on 2005! Maybe it looks good and cool in 2005?





And now! Imma show you guys how the top works! It almost feels like the car is going to transform into a robot! lol
Pictures speaks thousand words! Let's have a look!



COOOOOOOLLLL RIGHT?!!?




TaaDaah! Peugeot 207 without the top cover! Looks so.. different!!




Another view of it!


Have been peeping and scanning and browsing every single part of 207 for nearly an hour! And finally we are done scanning. And yes! The salesgirls said they will let us to have the test drive on the next morning!

So, BYE PEUGEOT! See you tomorrow!

And HI THE SPRING!






Walking around pointlessly with the gang in tHe Spring. WHY NO PHOTOS? Cause, there is nothing special and worthy for me to take photos of. Seriously.

And they say the fountain thingy inside tHe Spring is arty! And it is designed by who who who. And it's so famous and this and that..

To us? We were like..
"Whatever.. It looks pale, and nothing else. Sorry" And not forgetting to roll our eyes.

Had Manhattan Fish Market for lunch! The food was nice, but overly PRICED! And we even thought that they miscalculated EVERYTHING! Which costed us that much!

After we were done with the Fish Market. We went to another car's trading centre to look for more hot cars.

And while we were on the road, we were disussing aboutt he Peugeot. And Pete spotted this! And suggested Tung to buy this!




IT'S PEUGEOT SOMMORE!!! HAHAHA!


After a 5minute's ride. And here we are! The car trading centre! The first thing that came into our eyes when we were driving into was this.


Head shot of the Nissan 370z!



The ass shot of it. lol


And yes! We know the latest(at least in Sarawak) Fairlady 370z is attractive! But it just don't make it into Tung's top list. Why? Cause Fairlady 350Z is way too overated in Sibu. Although we haven't seen any 370 in Sibu yet, but don't you think 350 and 370 looks alike? No for you? YES YES YES for me. Just the headlights are different.

And that is why 370 don't make it on Tung's list. Too bad :)

And guess what? I touched a Ferrari :) No big deal for you?

YOU TOUCHED IT BEFORE MEH? I bet the most were you STARRING AT FERRARI'S LOGO ON YOUR GOOGLE PAGE LA!

Now here is the real thing!




Cool not?!




I liked this one. The reddish interior looks better and cooler! AND CLASSY!
And the Ferrari above, was SOLD!



After a couple of hours of browsing and scanning and discussing about the cars we've seen. And finally! It's our shopping hours!

And yes! We went back to tHe Spring! Cause Pete wanted to get some shirt from Padini! Cause the shirts there were so damn cheap! Less 50%!!!

And and! Pete bought us donuts! It taste like heaven! YumYum! It somehow reminds me of my days in Singapore! I'll just make sure I am eating donuts whenever I am passing by the donuts selling stall! It's too good to resist!






Done with the shopping! And we went to some Thai restaurant for our dinner. It was good! And spicy. lol

I am started to feeling sleepy already when we were done with dinner. Pig like huh? And Pete is asking to go for movie! And the movie is at 10.45PM!!!

We are watching DayBreaker!

And yes! We went back to tHe Spring for our movie. Crazy not? Step into Spring thrice a day!

The preview of DayBreaker was pretty good! And pretty scary too! And I wonder what took it so long to be release in Sibu! It was just released last week in Sibu! What the hell?!

While waiting for Pete to get us our tickets, I saw the preview of The Last Aribender(or something), It looks good! And it looks pretty cool too! Looking forward to watch the movie!







Brandon with the shiny stair!



The cineplex looks awesome! Looks so much better than Sibu's. Sibu's really need some maintenance man! I mean seriously.

And I wonder when will Sibu's cineplex be like those in the big cities!

Honestly. The film suck. And that explain why it gets so many negative feedback :)

I nearly dozed off while watching it!! Boring plus I am tired! Uhh! Don't enjoy the movie at all! Vampire bites human, and human turn into Vampire. And vampire bites the ex-vampire who found a cure to turn themselves back to human, and the vampire turn human. And every one goes mad, and started to bite here and there.

Felt so glad when the movie is over! WeehOO! It is finally the time for us to head home and sleep!

When we reached Ed's place. I am the first one who dashed myself into the bath room and clean myself, get changes and sleep! I can't wait for another second anymore! I think I'll faint if I wait any one more second. Cause I was mad sleepy already!



Day 2.
Tung woke me up by shaking my leg. And when I opened my eyes and tries to look for the one who woke me up, I then realized that I AM IN KUCHING. Nothing special right? But at least it is quite special and fresh to be woken up and you are not in your own room.

Tung is rushing everyone in the house. Cause he needs to be at Peugeot's showroom at 9am sharp to test his baby Peugeot 207!

Just too bad that I didn't take any photo of me in the 207, while Tung is driving! But it's really windy! Cause we didn't put on the top cover. 207 was mainly two seated! The back seat was pretty small. Guess it is designed for children. But I managed to squeeze myself in. Thank god I am thin enough to squeeze myself in. Hehe!

And of course! We all enjoyed the ride! It was pretty fun and my very frist time to hop on a car without a "roof"!

Oh ya! We left and went to peep on a BMW's sport car. Surprisingly..




IT DISAPPOINTED EVERYONE OF US. The interior was bad. VERY NOT OUR TASTE.




The car body was nice though. The shape I meant.

After we got disappointed by the BM, it's time to say ByeBye to Kuching! We started to drive home around 12plus noon time.

And I reached home around 5plus If im not mistaken. I went straight to sleep after I took a shower! Gah! And my friend called me and woke me up. I don't blame her though, she was a close friend of mine :) And thanks for the talk ya! (You know who I meant)


What I think about Kuching?
Hmm... Although it's just a one day trip to Kuching. And we spent most of our times on cars. But! I saw a lot arty-farty's building! I think they are special! Didn't take any photos of the buildings though, as we were driving by, and it's too fast for me to capture it with good angle. And really, I love the design of the buildings.

Oh ya! And there is alot Cafe right? I don't know where that place is, but when we were passing by, I saw a lot of beautiful Cafes. Awesome street! Personally love the riverside's view.

Alright now! This entry is getting too long and pointless now. Think I'll just end it with ..





Cam whore No.1




Cam whore No.2
While Im on my way back to Sibu.

1 comment:

Leo 83 said...

Haha, u din tell me u coming to kch?
D cbu to kch road is much much more better than last time ady…
No one will know where they r in the middle of road unless they got GPS, and its normal to hav hav road different weather since it’s a 6hrs journey (far)… guess wad u miss is u shld count how many iron bridge u pass by and state the name as a passenger! Fred really is a gud boy, stil fasten ur belt as a back seater…
Reach kch also din find me…
Spring’s fountain had no maintenance… and the MBO now only getting better but compare with Star Cineplex in kch, stil a bit not punctual… Mahathan Fish is expensive that’s why no business, but actually u guys can comment then they’ll giv u voucher so that next time u come can have 5% discount…
Peugeot showroom @ roadrock there? Look cool, next time if I back sibu ask pete take me for a ride haha!
Thai food near ‘Lok Thian’?
Haha, go spring 3x meaning pay 3x parking fees? (Best customer)
Wow the journey back takes only 5hrs? so fast? Speeding?
Kuching do have many great place to go, let me know if u guys r planning to come, I can fetch u guys around, as my work time very free de! Only need earlier planning!